Park Professional: More than 40 years of experience in promoting, protecting and preserving the US National Park System both in the United States, Canada and Europe.
Represented the National Park Service to UNHCR, Europarc Federation, ITB Berlin, and International Coalition of Sites of Conscience
- Treasurer of the Schuylkill River Greenway NHA, the management entity for the Schuylkill River Greenways NHA.
- Steering Committee of the Iron and Steel Heritage Tours
- President of the Board of the Centro Cultural Latinos Unidos, the non-profit organization dedicated to educating Latino youth in greater Pottstown, PA
- Township Official: an appointed member of the North Coventry Township Open Space Review Board, the governmental body dedicated to preserving open space in North Coventry Township.
- Active board member of the Friends of Hopewell Furnace, the non-profit organization dedicated to supporting Hopewell Furnace National Historic Site.
- Co-Chair of the Hopewell Big Woods Advisory Board Position on Historic Preservation
- Community Coordinator, Christ Episcopal Church, Pottstown
Email: ESheanHammond@gmail.com,Cell: 484-614-0319,Home: 484-624-3659
Home Address: 636 Hunters Run Rd., Pottstown, PA 19465
BRIEF NATIONAL PARK SERVICE HISTORY (1975-2015)
January 2015 Awarded Emeritus Status for Tourism and Park Management
November 2011 Appointed the Secretary of the Interior’s Quarterback for the Lower Susquehanna Conservation Landscape Initiative.
December 2008 Governor Rendell appointment to the PA Governor’s Tourism Partnership.
February 2008 Appointed PA State Park Liaison for Children and Nature Initiative
February 2006 Appointed Superintendent, Hopewell Furnace NHS and Northeast Region Director of Tourism
September 2005 Appointed Acting Deputy Superintendent of Independence National Historical Park,
August 2003 Appointed Acting NPS Director of Tourism and Chair of the National Park Service Tourism Council
August 1996 Appointed Director of Communications and Tourism NPS Northeast Region
September 1984 Appointed Public Affairs Officer of former NPS North Atlantic Region, headquartered
in Boston, MA. Responsible for the Statue of Liberty Centennial Celebration.
1975-1984 Held a variety of positions in the former North Atlantic Region beginning as an information technician, moving to public affairs specialist and finally acting public affairs officer.
EDUCATION: BA in Languages and Literature from Bard College
Masters in Education from Suffolk University
Masters in Public Policy and Citizen Participation from Tufts University
Leave a comment